Chrissie Wellington part à la retraite

Bonne humeur de rigueur, pour les sujets ne concernant pas le monde sportif merci de poster dans "...et plus si affinité".
kent 7

Re: Chrissie Wellington part à la retraite

Message non lu par kent 7 »

:D niveau CE1 : c'est un peu sévère mais sans aucun doute mes meilleurs CM2 ( si si il en reste :P ) font aussi bien :!:
" Le succès , c'est d'aller d'échec en échec sans perdre son enthousiasme " Winston Churchill
geraud

Message non lu par geraud »

kent 7 a écrit ::D :D c'est sûr que nos questions sont moins complaisantes et plus pertinentes que celles de Triathlète France :oops: :oops:

J'attends toujours une réponse de son agent ...
Je crois que tu vas l'attendre un moment.
kent 7 a écrit :Son agent m'a demandé des précisions sur OT qu'il a dû consulter :?:
son dernier mail me dit ceci :
At this time, Chrissie has just done an interview for Triathlete France and her schedule is very busy so will not be able to get these back to you.
Tu remarqueras qu'il t'a dit qu'elle etait tres occupee, mais il ne t'a pas dit qu'elle te repondrait plus tard, mais qu'elle ne te repondrait pas. (enfin, qu'elle ne pourra pas te repondre. Sauf que quand un anglais te sort une phrase comme ca, commencant par 2 excuses (elle vient de faire une ITW pour triathlete France et elle est tres occupee), le "will not be able" ne se traduit pas par "ne pourra pas" mais "ne voudra pas" :wink: C'est juste une formule de politesse. )

Sans compter que vu le temps que ca prend de repondre a 10 questions auxquelles on peut repondre en 3 lignes, le "her schedule is very busy"... :mrgreen:
kent 7

Cher Geraud ,toi qui cause bien l'anglais , si je veux écrire à son agent un mail avec ceci : " Cher monsieur , ne soyez dons pas si frileux : je suis sûr que Chrissie trouvera bien qq minutes pour répondre à nos questions pertinentes ; je me permets d'insister , les très nombreux lecteurs d'Online Tri attendent impatiemment ses réponses . Veuillez agréer , bla bla ..." je lui envoie :lol:
" Le succès , c'est d'aller d'échec en échec sans perdre son enthousiasme " Winston Churchill
tri-yann

Message non lu par tri-yann »

Et tu rajoute qu'on veut lui poser de vrais question !!! Ba une interview digne d'Arthur à Albert Einstein... ><
Entrainement dure, compétition facile qui disait ! Mon c** wé ! Ça ne doit pas s'appliquer au triathlon....
tribuddy

Message non lu par tribuddy »

J'ignore quand l'ITW de Triathlète a été réalisée, mais elle y disait qu'elle allait partir quelques temps dans des cointrées lointaines avec son boyfriend (Bornéo, Guatemala et Costa Rica) pour vacances et encadrement de stages.
Peut-être est-elle toujours à l'étranger et elle n'est donc pas en mesure de répondre.
Ceci dit tu as certainement raison de relancer son agent. Au moins tu peux invoquer un prétexte pour les joindre, je sais pas moi, souhaite leur la bonne année par exemple! S'ils ne répondent pas ensuite, c'est pas grave, au moins t'auras essayé. :D
jean.patrick

Message non lu par jean.patrick »

j'ai une question pour CW:

"quels produits dopants as-tu pris durant ta carrière?"
"Chercher à tout comprendre et ne jamais rien savoir est le favoris passe-temps des gens qui savent parler le vent" ASSASSIN, La Formule Secrète, 1989
--------------------------------------------------
Le blog de Spin http://spin03.skyrock.com
FAYARD

Message non lu par FAYARD »

jean.patrick a écrit :j'ai une question pour CW:

"quels produits dopants as-tu pris durant ta carrière?"
Pfffff jean.patrick...arrête un peu les conneries... :mrgreen:
“Les réseaux sociaux vous ont tous mis trop à l’aise avec le fait de manquer de respect aux gens, sans vous faire casser la gueule”. Mike Tyson :eusa-whistle:
kent 7

:D après une relance toute en finesse ( merci Geraud ) son agent a de nouveau l'air disposé à lui soumettre nos brillantes questions : à suivre ...
tribuddy

Message non lu par tribuddy »

kent 7 a écrit ::D après une relance toute en finesse ( merci Geraud ) son agent a de nouveau l'air disposé à lui soumettre nos brillantes questions : à suivre ...
Pour Geraud et Kent, hip hip hip!!! Houra!!!
Bravo les gars pour votre tenacité. ça va marcher...
kent 7

Chose promise ... chose dûe : chers lecteurs d'OT , voici en exclue mondiale , l'interview de Chrissie Wellington rien que pour vous :!:

:wink: Geraud au boulot pour la traduction :wink:

Merci à Chrissie bien sûr et à Ben son agent grâce à qui , ceci a été possible .

Chrissie has been dominating the Ironman distance over the last few years (in particular on an Ironman in 2010/2011 where she realized the best male/female time on the marathon). Among the current Pro women, does she see one of them able in the next 5 years to achieve a similar level

The women’s field is incredibly deep and very strong, but we are only following on what Paula, Natasha, Michellie and others started through their earlier achievements. But yes, there is so much incredible talent right now – Caroline, Mirinda, Leanda, Rachel, Sonja, Gina, Mary Beth and many many more - and so of course I think my records can and will be broken by existing or up and coming athletes: that is the nature and beauty of sport. We all inspire each other to achieve great things!

According to her, what are the main factors limiting the performance on an Ironman: mental? physical?

Training and racing is like a rollercoaster – you experience highs and lows, ups and downs: all the physical strength in the world won’t help you if your mind is not prepared. This is part of training - the part that people don’t put in their log books; the part that all the monitors and gadgets in the world can’t influence or record. So yes, our sport is as much about mental strength as it is physical strength; and sporting success rests, in part, about having the mental fortitude necessary to overcome our fears, hurt, and discomfort. If we let our head drop, our heart drops with it. I believe that if you can keep your head calm, focused and determined then your body can be capable of amazing feats. In the words of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - "Don't ever forget that you play with your soul as well as your body." Whilst some of us are born with that huge mental strength, it can also be learned and developed and that there are strategies one can use to ‘train the brain’. You just need to put the time and energy into doing so, so that it doesn’t become a limiting factor.

Does she think that she had achieved her best possible level on IM, or could she still have improved and reduce again the gap between her and the best male athlets. If yes, if which of the swim, bike, run does she think that she could have improved?

It depends on what your definition of ‘best possible level’ is! Could, it get faster? Yes, I think I could. In all three disciplines. But the finish time wasn’t the indicator I was using to measure my own personal success. That’s other peoples’ expectation for me, and not the desire I have for myself. World and course records, and numbers of victories, will always be broken. At Kona 2011, I had the best race I could ever have. And that was enough for me. I didn’t need to go faster to prove something to myself anymore. True, personally meaningful success is giving 100% to training and racing, and leaving a lasting, positive legacy.

In which sport (if any) will she now compete? And at which expected level?

Maybe mud wrestling! No seriously, I have no plans to pursue any other sport in a professional capacity but my life will always involve doing sport, so I will be on the start line of one endurance event or another, it just wont be to embark on 140.6 miles of swim, bike or run!

I don’t mind admitting, I don’t have a clear idea of what the future holds – a definite ‘goal’ or single thing to focus on. That was, in part, what was making me question the wisdom of retiring from ironman. I find it incredibly difficult and disconcerting to answer ‘I don’t know’ when faced with the inevitable question ‘If not ironman, what?’ That state of flux, that uncertainty, strikes fear into the heart of the very controlling, regimen obsessed part of me. But I need to give myself the time to explore, to open doors, to hopefully have some other, unexpected doors open in front of me. I need to wander a little knowing that the ‘right’ path and the next goal will emerge.

In terms of my specific plans, in February I will be going to Guatemala to do a triathlon training day, a public speaking engagement and a charity event, and from there, I’ll go to Costa Rica where I’ll be a guest coach on a bike tour and an appearance for Brooks Running. In March I will be doing a number of speaking engagements in UK (including a Triathlon Show in London) and one in Spain, and I will also be doing a marathon on cross-country skiis. Which will be very funny, because I can’t ski!!!

I am also working on women/sport related issues, including working with the UK media to really build on the positive momentum generated by the Olympics and Paralympics. I also have my own personal charity projects that I am in the process of developing on sport/development related activities. I will also continue the ambassadorial work for my sponsors, do some public speaking and be an active patron of my chosen charities, including the Blazeman Foundation for ALS, Jane’s Appeal, Girls Education Nepal and Gotribal.

The Ironman is (looking at entrants statistics) mostly a male sport. How could the sport be promoted to bring more women to that sport?

Yes, it is still male dominated – but it I think this is changing. The number of women getting involved is increasing each year. But there is still space for improvement.

Various ways to encourage more women include: Make triathlon clubs and sports facilities ‘family friendly’ - provide crèche facilities or (simultaneous) classes for toddlers and children; offer classes that parents can take part in with their children (‘child-minding’ exchanges could be offered amongst club members). There is scope to also increase access to women only races. I think triathlon clubs are very important, and can help to provide support and encouragement to women, and of course to men too. Online forums and support networks that address women-specific issues and provide support/encouragement and information sharing (eg GOTRIBAL) are very important. Clubs, shops or groups could also offer practical training sessions to women, on all aspects of triathlon in a non intimidating environment. It is also important to ensure there are range of female role models - in terms of women staff, coaches, organisers and managers – as well as publicity material. This is why the media is very important. They help to raise the profile of triathlon, and provide people with female role models to look up to. Female buddy/mentoring systems should be expanded, and offered at races. We could also increase the number of female coaches, and Women and Leadership programs (eg triathlon workshops designed for women by women) can provide an opportunity for women working/volunteering in the sport to share experiences, ideas, techniques.

On a personal level, I really do hope that my performances and the manner in which I win races inspires and encourages people, especially women, to take up triathlon, to set higher goals for themselves and to reach for the stars. I am doing what i can to promote the growth of the sport, both in the media, with sponsors and the general public. That is, in part, what being a champion is truly all about. Being the ambassador for the sport – and sport generally. I have been speaking in the Houses of Parliament on women and sport, attending meetings, writing papers, doing many speaking engagements around the world to inspire and encourage people, and share my passion and love for triathlon with anyone who will listen!

Mental preparation is key for winning in Kona. How did she manage the preparation in 2011, with an injury that had been a handicap for the swimming? How to stay focused in these kind of situation and concentrate on the preparation of the race? Did she re-think her targets?

Winning my fourth World Ironman Championship in Kona last October was definitely the most gratifying, satisfying and proudest moment of my career. I used all my mental strength to get through the race, and yes, of course I had to rethink my targets. I really didn’t think I could win, I just wanted to finish and do the best I possibly could. I thought I would be walking in the marathon!

In terms of mental strategies: I remembered my goals, and my reasons for competing; I recalled my desire to race for my chosen charities and for all those who have supported me. I read books and articles about people who have overcome adversity, and watched YouTube videos of The Hoyts and Jon Blais. I listened to inspirational music, and read my favourite poem over and over again. I focused on the moment, and didn’t look too far ahead. I also used visualisation and mediation to calm my mind and make sure I stayed positive. I surrounded myself with positive people, who encouraged and believed in me – including my coach Dave Scott, my boyfriend Tom, my wonderful family and my friends.

Most importantly I retained perspective, and knew that no matter what happened in the race I would still be the same person and that life would go on!!!

At that level of top world class performance, dominating all women and 99.5% of the men, what brought Chrissie to the decision to stop her career?

Because I achieved my dream of having the ‘perfect race’, where I defied what I thought was possible and overcame problems ‘perfectly. I felt ‘complete’ and fulfilled as an athlete, and now I need to look for new challenges and new adventures!

What is her eat and drink plan in an ironman?

My pre race breakfast is hot ‘cream of rice’ cereal made with water, with honey on top, and a banana, and a cup of coffee. I have this 2 ¼ hours before the race start. I sip water between this breakfast and the race start but I don’t have anything else until I am on the bike. In an ironman, I follow the following formula: one gram of carbs per kilo of body weight per hour. I weigh 60kg, so that’s 60g of carbs an hour. On the bike I have two bottles of Cytomax (cranberry and grapefruit – about 450 calories in each bottle), a chocolate bar (I have one bite an hour) and two gels – one at 90km and one at 150km, plus water from the aid stations. On the run I have one gel every 25minutes with some sips of water, and sometimes a little bit of coke after about 37km. And I finish off with chips, a burger or pizza on the finish line!!

How many hours/kilometers does she train every year in swimming/cycling/runnings? What is her largest training volume per week (in hours and kilometers)

I really don’t have any idea about the numbers of hours or kilometers I did. It isn’t important to me at all, it is the quality of the training that everyone needs to think about!

I believe that being a professional triathlete is a 24/7 job. Exercise, resting, sleeping and eating are all part of training. As I explain in the answer to another question below, it is not just about when you are in the pool, on the bike or running. If you forget to focus on rest and recovery then you will never fulfil your true potential. For me, it is crucial to get consistency in my training – week in week out. That means that I don’t increase the training just because a huge race is approaching. I trained hard for 11 months of the year, with one month as an off season.

Your autobiography was published in last February. Could you tell us what motivated you to write this book, why this year in particular and what its main topic is?

My motives for wanting to publically recount my life story in print are varied. Selfishly, I craved the intellectual and emotional challenge, and fulfilment, that comes from self-reflection. I also want to use it as a means to thank all those who have played a part in my life, both before and during my career in professional sport – and that includes all the amateur athletes who inspire me each and every day, and enable me to reach heights I could have never imagined. I wanted to share some practical tips for the triathletes out there, but more important are the ‘life’ lessons and philosophies that transcend sport, and are applicable to anyone – whether or not they are a pro athlete or a coach potato. These come from all areas of my life: my childhood, academia, whilst travelling, during my career as a civil servant, in Nepal and also through sport. Through my words I want to encourage people, young and old, to take up sport, to travel, to pursue their dreams. I want to inspire people to take a chance, to attempt defy what they deem impossible and to be willing to look fear and adversity in the face and truly live their life without any preconceived limits. The book is one such the vehicle for doing this.

But effectively conveying these messages meant ‘humanizing’ myself. I am sometimes held up as this robotic, infallible ‘freak of nature’, but of course I am no such thing. In order for the reader to be able to relate and identify with me I had to expose the good, the bad and the ugly. I wanted to reveal my strengths, my weaknesses, my fears, my concerns, my likes and dislikes, my passions, my true nature. There are things in the book that people may not have known, for example my battles with eating and body image – but it is only by sharing some of these stories, that I can break down the façade, and really impact - and hopefully inspire - the reader.

I didn’t want to write a ‘triathlon training bible’, although there are some top tips for athletes woven into the prose. Instead, in writing a book that transcended triathlon I wanted to try and take the sport out of the minority, and into the psyche of the majority. I wanted to showcase our sport to those that may have never heard of ironman, and show that it truly is accessible to the masses. A lofty ambition perhaps, but the more exposure I can get of book, and of triathlon, in the mainstream media the closer I get to making this pipe dream that a reality.
Thierry *OnlineTri*

Message non lu par Thierry *OnlineTri* »

sympa l'itw!

T.
guedzilla

Message non lu par guedzilla »

J'ai pas lu ce fil en entier, mais juste pour savoir, L'intw de triathlète, ce n'est pas une interview, juste qu'ils ont repris le bouquin et recopiés de grandes parties, non? en rajoutant des fausses questions. Chrissie ne leur a jamais fait d'interview en fait.
tri-yann

Message non lu par tri-yann »

Whaou génial !!!! *_* Par contre pour être sûr de bien tout comprendre, il est possible qu'une âme charitable fasse une traduction bien mieux que pourrait nous proposer google ? Merci :roll:
Autre chose, Thierry peut peut-être la mettre en news sur son blog pour qu'un maximum de personnes en profite et aussi envoyer une copie à triathléte magazine ce que c'est une vrais interview alors que nous sommes pas du tout journaliste et qu'on peut poser des questions pertinentes et qui ont un vrais intérêt ... :sm1:
Entrainement dure, compétition facile qui disait ! Mon c** wé ! Ça ne doit pas s'appliquer au triathlon....
aurelie.218

Message non lu par aurelie.218 »

Allez chiche, je m'attelle à la traduction :)

I'm back in a few minutes :lol:
Membre de la secte des Trigolos :D
Quelques balades par monts et par vaux... http://cyclorelie.skyrock.com/
Le off de ouf : http://offdeouf.wordpress.com/
aurelie.218

Message non lu par aurelie.218 »

Chrissie a dominé la distance Ironman au cours de ces dernières années (en particulier sur IM en 2010/2011, où elle a réalisé le meilleur temps hommes/femmes sur le marathon). Parmi les actuelles femmes pros, voit-elle certaines d'elles capables d'atteindre un niveau similaire dans les 5 ans à venir ?

Le champ conquis par les femmes est incroyablement profond et très costaud, mais nous suivons seulement ce que Paula, Natasha, Michellie et d'autres ont commencé à travers leurs réussites antérieures. Mais oui, il y a un tel talent incroyable à l'heure actuelle - Caroline, Mirinda, Leanda, Rachel, Sonja, Gina, Mary Beth et bien d'autres encore - et ainsi bien sûr, je pense que mes records peuvent et vont être battus, par des athlètes déjà existantes ou par de futures athlètes : c'est la nature et la beauté du sport. Nous nous inspirons tous entre nous pour réaliser de belles choses !

Selon elle, quels sont les principaux facteurs limitants pour la performance, sur un Ironman : les facteurs mentaux ? Les facteurs physiques ?

L'entraînement et la course sont comme une montagne russe - vous vous confrontez à des pics et à des ralentissements, à des hauts et des bas : toute la force physique du monde ne t'aidera pas si ton mental n'est pas préparé. Ca fait partie intégrante de l'entraînement - une partie que les gens ne mettent pas sur leurs carnets de bord ; une partie que tous les ordinateurs/montres et gagdgets du monde ne peuvent pas influencer ou enregistrer. Alors oui, notre sport relève tout autant de la force mentale que de la force physique ; et le succès sportif reste, en partie, dans le fait d'avoir la force mentale nécessaire pour dépasser nos peurs, nos blessures et notre inconfort. Si nous laissons tomber la tête, alors le coeur tombe avec. Je pense que si tu peux garder la tête froide, concentrée et déterminée, alors ton corps peut être capable de choses incroyables. Pour reprendre les mots de Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - "N'oublie jamais que tu joues avec ton esprit aussi bien qu'avec ton corps". Si certains d'entre nous sont nés avec une force mentale énorme, il est tout aussi possible d'apprendre et de développer cela, et il y a des stratégies que l'on peut utiliser pour "exercer le cerveau". Tu as juste besoin de mettre du temps et de l'énergie pour ce faire, et ainsi cela ne devient plus un facteur limitant.

Pense-t-elle qu'elle a atteint son meilleur niveau possible sur IM, ou pourrait-elle encore s'améliorer et réduire encore l'écart entre elle et les meilleurs athlètes masculins ? Si oui, parmi quelle discipline entre la natation, le vélo ou la càp, pense-t-elle qu'elle aurait pu avoir une marge d'amélioration ?

Ca dépend de ta définition du "meilleur niveau possible" ! Plus rapide ? Oui, je pense que je pourrais. Dans les trois disciplines. Mais le temps final n'était pas l'indicateur que j'avais l'habitude d'utiliser pour mesurer mon succès personnel. Ca, c'est l'attente que les autres ont pour moi, et non pas le désir que j'ai pour moi-même. Les records de course ou du monde, ainsi que les nombres de victoires, seront toujours battus. A Kona 2011, j'ai fait la meilleure course que j'aurais pu faire. Et cela était suffisant pour moi. Je n'ai pas eu besoin d'aller plus vite pour me prouver quoi que ce soit. C'est vrai, personnellement, le succès porteur de sens est à 100 % dévolu à l'entraînement et aux courses, et au fait de laisser un héritage durable et positif.

Dans quel sport (si c'est le cas) va-t-elle désormais faire de la compétition ? Et à quel niveau attendu ?

Peut-être la lutte dans la boue ! Non, sérieusement, je n'ai pas de plans pour poursuivre d'autres sports à un niveau professionnel, mais ma vie va toujours comporter du sport, et donc je serai sur la ligne de départ d'une course d'endurance ou autre, mais cela ne va juste pas m'embarquer sur 140.6 miles de natation, vélo ou course à pied !

Je ne crains pas d'admettre que je n'ai pas d'idée claire sur ce que le futur me réserve - un but défini ou une seule chose sur laquelle se concentrer. Cela a été, en partie, ce qui m'a questionné sur la sagesse de faire ma retraite des IM. Je trouve incroyablement difficile et déconcertant de répondre "je ne sais pas" lorsque je suis confrontée à la question inévitale : "si plus d'Ironman, quoi ?" Cet état de flux, cette incertitude, sème la peur au plus profond de mon côté obsédé par le contrôle. Mais j'ai besoin de me donner le temps d'explorer, d'ouvrir des portes, et j'espère, d'avoir d'autres portes inattendues ouvertes face à moi. J'ai besoin de vagabonder un peu pour connaître le "juste" chemin et le prochain but va émerger.

Concernant mes plans spécifiques, en février, je vais aller au Guatemala pour faire une journée d'entraînement triathlon, une conférence publique et un événement de charité, et à partir de là, j'irai au Costa Rica où je serai invitée comme coach pour un tour à vélo et pour une apparition pour la marque Brooks Running. En mars, je vais aussi faire un certain nombre de conférences publiques au Royaume-Uni (incluant un show triathlon à Londres) et une conférence en Espagne, et je vais aussi faire un marathon à ski de fond. Ce qui sera très drôle, car je ne sais pas skier !!!

Je suis aussi en train de travailler sur des questions relatives aux femmes/sport, qui incluent un travail avec mes médias anglais pour vraiment profiter de l'élan positif généré par les jeux olympiques et para-olympiques. J'ai aussi mes propres projets d'oeuvres de charité que je suis en train de développer sur des activités en lien avec le sport/le développement. Je vais aussi continuer mon travail ambassadorial pour mes sponsors, faire des conférence et être un patron actif pour mes oeuvres de charité que j'aurai choisies, qui incluent la fondation Blazeman pour les ALS, Girls Education Nepal et Gotribal.

[J'envoie déjà ça.... La suite dans quelques minutes^^]
Membre de la secte des Trigolos :D
Quelques balades par monts et par vaux... http://cyclorelie.skyrock.com/
Le off de ouf : http://offdeouf.wordpress.com/
Répondre